Workshops to engage, empower and inspire your managers, leaders and staff to stay at their edge.
The ability to have meaningful and effective conversations about an employee’s performance and development is an essential skill in today’s workplace. Done well, coaching conversations lead to greater employee engagement and productivity, and greater alignment with organisational objectives. Done poorly, it can lead to low morale, poor relationships and high turnover.
Coaching Conversations helps you to shine a light on the both the performance and potential of your people. You’ll be able to have more robust and authentic conversations that empower people, accelerate learning and drive business results. It helps make the job of performance reviews and on-the-job conversations not only easier, but also more enjoyable for all concerned.
- Why bother having coaching conversations?
- Fostering a ‘growth mindset’
- Powerful listening and questioning
- Tapping into motivation
- Effective goal setting
- A practical coaching conversation model
- Providing effective feedback
- Having courageous conversations
How it works:
Coaching Conversations is run over two half-days in a hands-on, small group workshop format, and includes pre-work, practical application, online resources, on-the-job activities, and follow up.
Important: Participants must attend both workshops
“This programme provides useful, practical tools and insights for what works when developing people. An excellent programme for people new to people leadership.”
~ Past participant
Leaders today have to work in an environment where the differentiating success factors are less about subject matter expertise and vested authority, and more about the ability to influence and connect across a diverse range of people.
The most effective leaders have a network perspective, and are deliberate about building the connections that matter. It’s how they influence, how they create opportunities, and how they get the leverage to make the biggest impact.
A leader’s network is an increasingly important ingredient in getting work done across boundaries, and achieving professional success. How do you go about crafting a network that works?
- Grow your sphere of influence
- Achieve collaborative, cross-boundary outcomes
- Become an indispensable connector
- Be well-positioned for your next career move
- Be well-supported in times of challenge and change
In this one-day workshop, we’ll cover:
- Why paying attention to building your network is critical now
- The difference between networking and network building, and why the latter is more powerful
- What an effective network looks like
- A tool to diagnose your current network
- An approach to designing and cultivating your network so that it works for you, and the others in your network
- How to make effective connections
- How to leverage your relationships for mutual benefit
“I valued really focusing on my networks and identifying the gaps in my network; this has then helped me identify a few actions to take that will have a
big impact in this area (and which I have already begun to implement)”
~ Past participant
Like it or not, one truth that we can’t escape is that the world will always keep changing. While we might not be able to influence everything that happens, we actually have more ability than we might think to create new possibilities in our changing landscape.
Change Mojo is designed to help you actively play your part in shaping the present and the future of your organisation. And, as a bonus, you also build the skills to better shape your own future. It helps your find your place and constructively contribute in a changing world.
The programme will help shape and clarify your perceptions of the role you play in helping shape your team’s and department’s vision, and to assist the organisation in achieving its aspirational goals. It will equip you with practical tools to step up and play your part in making changes happen and to help you build your ability to contribute effectively and make a difference in times of change.
Change Mojo is run over two half-days in a hands-on, small group workshop format, and includes pre-work, application on-the-job and follow up.
- The forces driving change and what they mean for you.
- Identify your change orientation.
- How to make any change happen.
- The mindset to thrive amidst change.
- Getting into action: behaviours and habits that work to make change happen.
- Building and maintaining resilience.
- Building and cultivating networks.
What you do every day has a ripple effect across your entire organisation, whether you know it or not. The question is – is it the impact you want to have? Do you even know what that impact should be? Or how you can deliberately make it happen?
In a turbulent, whirlwind environment, the most effective leaders stand out and make a significant, lasting impact because, paradoxically, they are grounded in what matters most, and they stay true to that. As a result, their voice rings true like a deep resonant bell, cutting through the tin whistles all around them. People stop, people listen, and people respond.
- Explore your current and potential sphere of influence in your organisation.
- Invite you to define (or refine) your sense of purpose.
- Identify a range of practical ways for you to make the authentic impact you want to make.
If you’re a restless go-getter who wants to make a difference, this session will provoke you, ground you, and energise you.