What’s The Purpose of Change Makers 201?
For you, it’s about continuing to strengthen your mindset, skillset and network so you keep your change mojo strong. At this point, we’re thinking you’ve probably gone a good way to establishing yourself as a ‘Player’. Now it’s time to consolidate that and make the shift to ‘Maker’.
For all of us, we build a stronger and broader network of highly capable, thriving change makers in the world.
What Happens in Change Makers 201?
Here’s what you get:
- Workouts for 12 months (approximately 10 workouts)
- Be part of a ‘201 Breakout’ as part of each workout (see more detail below)
- The opportunity to accelerate your development by doing a ‘Show Your Work’ session in a workout (more detail below)
- Continue to attend webinars
- Continue to contribute to Slack
- Have the opportunity to lead conversations for the whole tribe at the workouts and / or on webinars
- One on one mentoring
In te ao Māori, the concept of ako means both to teach and to learn. It recognises the knowledge that both teachers and learners bring to learning interactions, and it acknowledges the way that new knowledge and understandings can grow out of shared learning experiences. HaAs a 201 member, you’ve been around a while now, and you’re now encouraged to deliberately embrace and model ako in the tribe. This includes playing an informal mentoring role for those newer to the Change Makers tribe by being open and willing to both teach, and learn.
Breakouts provide the space and time for 201 members to work together on their Change Maker agendas. While the agendas vary, time could be used for:
- Collaborating on projects
- Peer coaching on individual change making agendas
- Something else entirely!
Workouts typically include 1-2 hours where 201 members ‘break out’ and have their own space to do this work.
Show Your Work
The idea for ‘Show Your Work’ is to accelerate your development as a Change Maker through stepping into a heat experience. You’d share an aspect of how you’re going about making change happen in your world, draw out your insights and lessons that apply to change making more generally, and seek feedback and assistance from the tribe. This approach can take multiple forms (e.g. pitch your idea, tell your story, share your strategy). We provide support to help you prepare your session so you nail it.
One way to accelerate your own development and contribute to the tribe is to lead a conversation at a workout or on a webinar. This would be on something you think would contribute to building change-maker insight and ability, and something you’re across. Digby will help you prepare for the session.
One on One Mentoring
You’ll continue to receive one-on-one mentoring from one of the experienced mentors in the tribe.
The spirit of mentoring is all about Ako: in a mentoring relationship, you’re both teachers and learners together. Mentoring is as much about your own growth as it is about another’s growth.
The focus of the mentoring is to:
- Provide a safe and challenging space for you to develop and grow
- Provide an accountability mechanism (did you do what you said you’d do?)
- Accelerate your journey from Player to Maker.
So, What’s Next?
I’m looking forward to being a part of your continued Change Makers journey!