Making change happen can be a difficult, lonely job. It can often feel like being in a maze…wading through treacle. If you’re trying to drive change in your organisation, and you feel like a lone voice, Change Makers is for you.
To shift the culture of your organisation,
first shift the people who will make the biggest difference:
your Change Makers.
Change Makers is a programme for restless go-getters on a mission to make a difference. They’re self-driven, self-starters, who don’t need hand holding, but they do value fresh perspectives, ideas and inspiration to help them make the impact they want to make.
The Change Makers programme lifts people up above the maze to help them see a broader perspective, and develop a practical set of strategies to help them accelerate their mission, stimulate growth and expand perspectives. We aim to move everyone towards becoming a change alchemist, and in doing so, shift your entire organisation too.
The four core qualities:
The Change Makers design centres on four core qualities that underpin 21st-century leadership in complex, fluid environments:
This is about the insatiable drive to ask questions, learn, unlearn, sit with ambiguity and ‘not knowing’. It’s being able to step back, critique, and make sense of things objectively, to seek and find deeper meaning in the patterns. It’s about seeing things from new and different perspectives, and cultivating novel and adaptive thinking.
This is about the ability to seek out and connect meaningfully with a diverse range of people for mutual benefit. It’s about social intelligence, serving others, and collaborating effectively in a wide array of settings. It’s also about connecting with yourself: your identity, values and everything else that makes you human.
This is about being able to deliberately act without being assured of success, without needing approval or permission. It’s about experimentation, innovation and trying new approaches. It’s about persevering, being agile, and challenging existing ideas and practices to find a better way.
This is about standing for something. It’s about having a strong sense of purpose and meaning infused into what you are doing. It’s the ‘why’ behind your ‘what’ and your ‘how’. It’s the fuel that gets you out of bed in the morning, day in and day out, and it keeps you going during the toughest times.
The programme purposefully cultivates these four elements in a vibrant tribe of ‘critical friends’. As a result, we’re able to generate fresh perspectives, new possibilities, and accelerated progress on our change initiatives.
What will your organisation get?
This programme will help your Change Makers to:
- build an active network of fellow change-makers to learn with and from
- develop their compelling ‘Why’ story so they can articulate in ways that others engage with
- build strategies for resilience and thriving, especially for when the going gets tough
- identify and map the broader systems at play in their industry and organisation
- strategically build relationships with the people who matter
- identify and leverage their strengths in ways to have more impact
- upgrade their thinking patterns to navigate complexity successfully
- get a guaranteed shift in their ability to amplify their impact.
How it works:
- The Change Makers Programme runs over six-months, and is designed to accelerate your cultural transformation.
- We meet as a group every six weeks for intensive learning, critiquing and planning workouts.
- Our days together include sharing successes and failures, identifying lessons learned, fresh perspectives from guest speakers, ‘mission under the microscope’ sessions, peer coaching, and action planning.
- Participants receive a fortnightly dose of inspiration in their inbox, and access anytime to Digby via email and phone.
- Between workouts, we run an interactive webinar, and share collective insights and challenges on a private Slack group.
- The total contact time is five days.
What happens on the programme?
It’s a blend of getting it and doing it:
Getting It: We share and dissect successes and failures, and highlight lessons learned in a confidential environment. We listen to in-depth stories from speakers who share their own change-making insights. Through a blend of structured activities and relaxed conversation, we seek out, and gain, inspiration in our own stories and challenges, and those of others.
Doing It: We learn practical tools and methods to apply in our own context. We develop a plan for what we each will do between our meetings, which we call ‘workouts’. Between workouts, it’s all about implementation. Webinars scheduled mid-way between workouts help to keep the energy and focus up.
Structure of a typical Change Makers ‘workout’
- Environmental scan – what’s happening?
- Celebrate successes, failures and lessons learned
- Skill session
- Guest speaker
- Change Maker ‘Under the microscope’ session
- Peer review session
- Action planning
Cost: $3,500 per person
What some of our Change Makers think of the programme:
Workout / intake dates 2018
- 2nd February
- 15th March
- 19th April
- 30th May
- 6th July
- 16th August
- 26th September
- 9th November
- 19th December
Make it happen!
How often does an opportunity like this come along where you can future proof your organisation by tapping into the collective energy of your future leaders?
When you invest the time in your people, help them to step back, get inspired and upgrade their game plan, change happens faster.
With peers and experts on hand, your people can nut out the things that are keeping them stuck, and find new possibilities.
Build in some fresh energy, and accountability, into your change agenda. Have your restless go-getters join Change Makers.
Click here to download a PDF info pack containing all the information on this page.
Digby will be hosting an information breakfast on: 15th February 2018, in the Wellington CBD.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about what Change Makers is all about and to get a taste of what to expect.
To register, or to get more details, please email: email@example.com.
Or you can get in touch with me for a conversation to ensure it’s the right thing for you/your organisation, and to learn more.