Your Year By Design: A Mid-Year Check In13th Jun 2019
If you’ve been reading my stuff for a while now, you’ll be familiar with my ‘Year By Design’ practice. Towards the end of each year, I take time out to deliberately design my next twelve months, so I can maximise how I spend my time and create a life that works for me and the people that matter most. For a refresher, here’s more on how I did that for 2019.
Now we’re half-way through the year, I reckon it’s time to do a check-in with yourself. How’s the year panning out for you so far? How might you tweak things to make the rest of this year rock? Small adjustments now can give you big gains down the track.
Here’s what I suggest you do:
- Review your year-to-date
- Revisit (and maybe update) your intentions
- Schedule the good stuff
- Revisit (and maybe update) your ‘great people’ list
Here’s a template to help you.
Note: this isn’t the full exercise that I do at the end of each year. It’s a light version to help tweak things and keep on track.
And, a quick reminder: The most important thing is to make it your year (well, six months) by design. Not someone else’s. You know what’s important to you. Prioritise that.
Live boldly and go well.
Like this post? When you’re ready, here are three ways I can help you further:
- Sign up to my ‘Thinking from the Edge’ newsletter to get tips, insights and early release information that I don’t share on the usual social channels. Delivered fortnightly to your inbox.
- Get my new book, Change Makers: How to make your mark with more impact and less drama. It’s available now.
- Come along to one of my Change Makers breakfast sessions to learn more about how this game-changing programme can amplify you and your people’s change making ability.